After a Record-Breaking Year, the Zigbee Alliance Brings Momentum and a Vision for the Internet of Things to CES 2018
With 25% growth in the number of Zigbee Certified products, a record 76 new members, and over 300 million Zigbee products deployed, the Zigbee Alliance is ready to bring its momentum and vision for the future of the IoT to CES 2018. 2017 has been an amazing year for the Internet of Things, and for the Zigbee Alliance, with industry analysts recognizing Zigbee as one of the top three networking protocols alongside Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Leading companies including Amazon, IKEA, Philips Lighting, Comcast and Samsung SmartThings choose Zigbee technology to drive their Smart Home business in millions of households.
Zigbee Alliance members will demonstrate thousands of Zigbee products in booths across CES venues. The Alliance will host press and analyst meetings, as well as showcase the latest technologies and present demos from Alliance members, in a reserved meeting room just steps away from the Sands Expo show floor.
Schedule a meeting with Zigbee Alliance leadership to experience the following:
- Zigbee Interoperability Wall: The interactive interoperability wall (powered by DSR) returns this year with even more products and participants. See over 140 Zigbee Certified products from more than 40 companies demonstrate how open, tested standards lead to a seamless consumer experience.
- Dotdot over Thread live demos: Announced at CES 2017, Dotdot brings the application layer at the heart of Zigbee to the IP world and together with Thread it is the first solution to implement an open, interoperable application layer running over an Internet-based (IP) network on constrained devices. See the technology in action with Dotdot over Thread demos led by Legrand, MMB Networks, NXP Semiconductors, Silicon Labs, Volansys, Yale Lock, Volansys, and Zen.
- The leading brands that choose Zigbee: Major brands, including Amazon, Comcast, Current by GE (Daintree), IKEA, Iris by Lowe’s, Legrand, Midea, OSRAM, Philips Lighting, Samsung SmartThings and Schneider Electric are powering millions of Smart Homes with Zigbee. Visit the Alliance meeting room to see the largest IoT ecosystems interoperate with Zigbee Certified products, creating an end-user experience that just works.
- Zigbee PRO 2017 — the first of its kind: With PRO 2017, Zigbee is the first mesh network capable of operating in two ISM frequency bands simultaneously: sub-GHz 800-900 MHz for regional requirements and 2.4 GHz for global acceptance. This dual-band option enables flexibility and design choice for manufacturers, municipalities and consumers wanting to connect products across buildings, cities and homes.
- Smart Energy products that save billions of dollars worldwide: The Smart Energy 1.4 specification is now complete with plans for deployment across the United Kingdom as part of a government mandate to roll out smart meters to approximately 30 million homes by 2020. An estimated $15 billion is expected in net benefits based on consumer energy savings and lower energy generation demand. This updated protocol will add to the millions of homes already using Zigbee Alliance Certified Smart Energy products.
CES 2018 is where you will be able to see the product of 15 years of knowledge and innovation in the Internet of Things by the Zigbee Alliance and its global, industry-leading members. If you’re interested in learning more about the Alliance and its initiatives at the show, take note of the following:
- When: January 9th – 12th, 2018
- Where: Zigbee Alliance Meeting Room, Titian 2206, Venetian – Tech West
- Contact: To arrange for an in-person meeting with Zigbee Alliance executives (and a limited number of meetings with both Zigbee Alliance’s Tobin Richardson and Thread Group’s Grant Erickson), please contact Heather Chesterman at [email protected].