The zigbee alliance collaborates with a variety of organizations. Sharing expertise benefits everyone by creating smarter standards and opening more markets. Since zigbee connects the widest range of devices, from simple to high-tech, there are many organizations that want to maximize the full potential of zigbee.
- American Telemedicine Association – ATA works with the zigbee alliance to advance the use of telehealth solutions using zigbee Health Care.
- BACnet – Official Website of ASHRAE SSPC 135 – The zigbee alliance and BACnet are working together to expand wireless solutions for use in commercial, industrial and residential buildings.
- CEN-CENELEC – The zigbee alliance is working with CEN-CENELEC to establish standards for energy efficient home area networks.
- Continua Health alliance – Continua is working with the zigbee alliance to expand telehealth and personal health solutions offering noncritical, low-acuity healthcare services. zigbee Health Care is a recognized standard in the Continua Health Care Guidelines.
- Device Language Message Specification User Association – DLMS partners with the zigbee alliance to define a method to transport IEC standard DLMS/COSEM messages that send metering data through zigbee Smart Energy advanced metering infrastructure systems and home area networks.
- EMerge alliance – The EMerge alliance is working closely with the zigbee alliance on the control of DC powered devices in commercial buildings.
- [email protected] – [email protected] is working with the zigbee alliance to develop a European residential energy platform using a variety of zigbee standards.
- Home Gateway Initiative (HGI) – HGI and the zigbee alliance will discuss the application of zigbee profiles to the Home Energy Management (HEM) service under specification within HGI.
- Institute of Electric and Electronic Engineers – IEEE 802.15.4 WPAN Task Group 4 (TG4) continues to work with the zigbee alliance on enhancements to the 802.15.4 standard.
- Internet Protocol for Smart Objects – IPSO is working with the zigbee alliance to define IP functionality for the forthcoming zigbee IP specification.
- National Electrical Manufacturers Association – NEMA works with the zigbee alliance to expand capabilities of devices on the smart grid.
- National Institute of Standards and Technologies – NIST is working with the zigbee alliance on home area networks created by zigbee Smart Energy.
- OpenADR – OpenADR is working with the zigbee alliance to define how backhaul systems communicate with Smart Energy Profile 2 (SEP2).
- Society of Automotive Engineers – SAE is working with the zigbee to define wireless technology using zigbee Smart Energy to plug-in electric vehicles.
- Wi-Fi alliance – Wi-Fi alliance is working with the zigbee alliance to expand the Smart Energy Profile 2 (SEP2).
||The zigbee alliance is the foundation and future of the IoT. Established in 2002, our wide-ranging global membership collaborates to create and evolve universal open standards for the products transforming the way we live, work, and play. With our members’ deep and diverse expertise, robust certification programs, and a full suite of open IoT solutions, we are leading the movement toward a more intuitive, imaginative, and useful world.