Special Assistant to the President and CEO
Posted November 16, 2017. Applications accepted until Friday, November 30, 2017.
Location: Davis, CA
The Zigbee Alliance is looking for an extraordinary candidate: Recent grad school graduate looking for exposure to international business strategy and development with a leading-edge technology organization. We’d love to connect with your best referrals!
Key Responsibilities & Time
Executive Team Support (40%)
- Coordinate scheduling for CEO, VP Technology, VP Marketing (arrange meetings, reach out to key external stakeholders, using Doodle polls, and other mechanisms to set meetings.
- Travel management for CEO (travel arrangements, including air, ground, hotel, other as specified)
- Expense reporting management
- Keep and track actions for executive team
- Coordinate the CEO’s domestic and international travel and related itinerary, joining business trips where necessary
- Attend meetings with or without the CEO, take detailed notes, and create follow-up and action plan
- Manage a variety of special projects for the exec team
- Work closely with the CEO to keep him informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities
Board of Directors Support (35%)
- Keep minutes, actions, and motions of Board meetings (once/month) and Board Committee Meetings (2-5/month), and work with recording secretary and general counsel to validate content.
- Ensure board document repository is up to date, and that all relevant documents are uploaded and available
- Support board in establishing regular and ad hoc meetings for Board committees or special purposes
- Manage the action item list for the board, ensuring board members understand their actions and help track to closure.
- Serve as coordinator for all board presentations, discussion documents, to ensure all are prepared, collated and delivered in a timely manner to allow board members ample review before meetings and decisions.
Special Projects & Key Stakeholder Support (25%)
- Market analysis, reports and outreach on key individuals, organizations, topics in support of special priorities by the CEO or designate
- Event support and coordination, current & prospective member outreach & support
- Outgoing, positive attitude, friendly and professional & welcoming personality
- Proven proficiency at prioritizing competing demands, and clarifying expectations and managing to deadlines & timelines
- Project management experience
- Strongly preferred experience with board of directors
- Flexible, collaborative, team player
- Comfortable in fast-paced, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Attention to detail, including clear and concise writing, with spelling and grammar accuracy
- Understands how to manage stakeholders in multiple time zones and cultures
- Understands and respects confidentiality and how to appropriately manage highly sensitive topics, documents and communications.
- Self-starter, self-organizing
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proven proficiency at putting together concise presentations and graphics
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated pro-active approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capacity
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Adaptable to diverse and competing demands
- Preferred experience with online / cloud-based tools, including: document management (e.g., Kavi/HigherLogic), project management (e.g., MS Project, Asana, SmartSheets)
- Office location is in Davis, California; non-standard work hours as required
Click here to apply through LinkedIn, or send a cover letter and resume to Elizabeth Bunker at [email protected].
||The Zigbee Alliance is the foundation and future of the IoT. Established in 2002, our wide-ranging global membership collaborates to create and evolve universal open standards for the products transforming the way we live, work, and play. With our members’ deep and diverse expertise, robust certification programs, and a full suite of open IoT solutions, we are leading the movement toward a more intuitive, imaginative, and useful world.