Hundreds of ZigBee Alliance Members at CES Will Showcase
ZigBee 3.0 and Other Solutions for a Smarter, Greener World
WHAT: Hundreds of members of The ZigBee Alliance, a non-profit association of companies creating open, global standards that define the Internet of Things (IoT) for use in consumer, commercial and industrial applications, will be at CES 2016 showcasing products supporting the organization’s recently ratified ZigBee 3.0 specification and other ZigBee Alliance solutions. The organization will also be highlighting its recent technical cooperation agreement with the EnOcean Alliance, which will combine the benefits of EnOcean energy-harvesting wireless solutions with ZigBee 3.0 for worldwide applications.
WHO: Members will be exhibiting solutions in their own booths and at the ZigBee Alliance Pavilion at CES.
- Featured members in the ZigBee Alliance Pavilion include Atmel, DSR, Legrand, MMB Networks, NXP, OSRAM, OWON, Philips, PomCube and ubisys.
- A device interoperability display wall will show numerous certified ZigBee Alliance home automation products all working together from Bosch, Centralite, Feibit, Legrand, OSRAM, Philips, ubisys and Sparx Smart by Xinghuoyuan Group’s Shenzhen Xinghuoyuan Intelligence Technology Co., Ltd. Produced by ZigBee Alliance member DSR, the display wall takes advantage of DSR’s IoTicity™ portfolio of intelligent smart home technologies such as cloud management, low-cost gateway and gateway management, and iOS and Android apps for controlling and monitoring smart devices.
- Other planned demonstrations by ZigBee Alliance members include:
– OSRAM SYLVANIA: The lighting leader will showcase smart home products and accessories offering intelligent automation for consumers and businesses alike. For show news, visit here.
– OWON Technology: The company, which produces a wide range of ZigBee Certified devices in compliance with ZigBee Home Automation, ZigBee Smart Energy and ZigBee Light Link standards, is featuring its newly released Smart Home system HASS6000, a complete Home Automation and Security System that consists of 5 functional modules (Security, Automation, Comfort, Energy Management and Video Surveillance). Each module can be freely added or removed from the platform so home owners can start their Smart Home migration step by step from any of the 5 Starting Packs and gradually build up an ideal system specially designed for their home.
– ubisys: The company will be showcasing its premium ZigBee 3.0 stack, which it recently announced is now available for licensing. The first company to offer a commercially available platform for building ZigBee 3.0 products with integral support for the ZigBee Alliance Green Power feature, ubisys is bringing the power, performance and elegance of C++ to the ZigBee world, simplifying product development for IoT applications.
WHY: As the anchor for the ZigBee Alliance’s exhibits at CES 2016, the recently ratified ZigBee 3.0 specification builds on and unifies ZigBee Alliance standards already proven across hundreds of millions of shipped devices. The industry has begun rallying around the new solution with the December 2015 announcement that the benefits of EnOcean Equipment Profiles (EEPs) already widely adopted in the sub-one GHz frequency are being combined with the ZigBee 3.0 solution in the worldwide 2.4 GHz frequency band. This and other ZigBee Alliance industry collaborations will help fulfill the Alliance’s vision for ZigBee 3.0 as a unifying IoT standard that will make it easier to develop and market interoperable products and solutions, unlock growth opportunities, and fuel innovation to enable surprising new capabilities in the home, workplace and cities.
WHEN: January 6 through 9, 2016
WHERE: The ZigBee Pavilion at CES is located in Booth #71344 in the Smart Home section of the Tech West emerging technology zone, located in the Sands Expo and Convention Center.
HOW: To schedule a meeting at CES with ZigBee Alliance or EnOcean Alliance executives, please contact Heather Chesterman at [email protected].
Information about the ZigBee Alliance and membership opportunities is available here.
ZigBee: Control Your World
The ZigBee Alliance creates, maintains and delivers open, global wireless standards that enable everyday objects to work together and control your world in the Internet of Things (IoT). An open, non-profit ecosystem of 425 companies, the Alliance is developing and promoting the world’s leading IoT standards across a wide range of consumer, commercial and industrial monitoring and control applications. For more information, visit www.ZigBee.org.
Heather Chesterman for the ZigBee Alliance
Magnet PR Group