The ZigBee Alliance collaborates with a variety of organizations. Sharing expertise benefits everyone by creating smarter standards and opening more markets. Since ZigBee connects the widest range of devices, from simple to high-tech, there are many organizations that want to maximize the full potential of ZigBee.
- American Telemedicine Association - ATA works with the ZigBee Alliance to advance the use of telehealth solutions using ZigBee Health Care.
- BACnet - Official Website of ASHRAE SSPC 135 - The ZigBee Alliance and BACnet are working together to expand wireless solutions for use in commercial, industrial and residential buildings.
- CEN-CENELEC - The ZigBee Alliance is working with CEN-CENELEC to establish standards for energy efficient home area networks.
- Continua Health Alliance - Continua is working with the ZigBee Alliance to expand telehealth and personal health solutions offering noncritical, low-acuity healthcare services. ZigBee Health Care is a recognized standard in the Continua Health Care Guidelines.
- DECT Forum - The ZigBee Alliance and the DECT Forum are working together to expand adoption of ZigBee Smart Energy.
- Demand Response and Smart Grid Coalition - DRSG is working with the ZigBee Alliance to advance the smart grid through the use of ZigBee Smart Energy.
- Device Language Message Specification User Association - DLMS partners with the ZigBee Alliance to define a method to transport IEC standard DLMS/COSEM messages that send metering data through ZigBee Smart Energy advanced metering infrastructure systems and home area networks.
- EMerge Alliance - The EMerge Alliance is working closely with the ZigBee Alliance on the control of DC powered devices in commercial buildings.
- Energy@home - Energy@home is working with the ZigBee Alliance to develop a European residential energy platform using a variety of ZigBee standards.
- Energy Retail Association - ERA is working with the ZigBee Alliance to facilitate solutions for the United Kingdom's energy marketplace.
- European Smart Metering Industry Group - ESMIG and the Alliance are defining interoperable communication standards for smart metering technology across the European Union.
- Home Gateway Initiative (HGI) - HGI and the ZigBee Alliance will discuss the application of ZigBee profiles to the Home Energy Management (HEM) service under specification within HGI.
- HomeGrid Forum - HomeGrid works with the Alliance to add more wired control capabilities to the Smart Energy Profile 2 (SEP2).
- HomePlug Powerline Alliance - HomePlug works with the ZigBee Alliance to add powerline control capabilities to the Smart Energy Profile 2 (SEP2).
- Institute of Electric and Electronic Engineers - IEEE 802.15.4 WPAN Task Group 4 (TG4) continues to work with the ZigBee Alliance on enhancements to the 802.15.4 standard.
- Internet Protocol for Smart Objects - IPSO is working with the ZigBee Alliance to define IP functionality for the forthcoming ZigBee IP specification.
- Lawrence Berkeley National Labs - LBNL is working with the ZigBee Alliance to understand the home area network's role in the smart grid.
- National Electrical Manufacturers Association - NEMA works with the ZigBee Alliance to expand capabilities of devices on the smart grid.
- National Institute of Standards and Technologies - NIST is working with the ZigBee Alliance on home area networks created by ZigBee Smart Energy.
- OpenADR - OpenADR is working with the ZigBee Alliance to define how backhaul systems communicate with Smart Energy Profile 2 (SEP2).
- Society of Automotive Engineers - SAE is working with the ZigBee to define wireless technology using ZigBee Smart Energy to plug-in electric vehicles.
- Wi-Fi Alliance - Wi-Fi Alliance is working with the ZigBee Alliance to expand the Smart Energy Profile 2 (SEP2).